Thursday, July 9, 2009

Still Stuck In My Craw

July 9, 2009

Dear Senator XXXXXX,

Regarding your March 18th response to my letter to you, I have thought long and hard about this matter and I am grieved that a man of your stature and character could believe the contents of your letter.

The scanned image of a birth certificate offered up by Mr. Obama is not the official long form birth certificate from the State of Hawaii. I know. My daughter was born in Hawaii in 1961 and I know what they look like. What was offered was a form issued by the State of Hawaii to register a birth from anywhere during a several year period that covered the time of Mr. Obama’s birth and does not verify US birth. That, I believe is what Ms. Fukimo verified and rightly so. It is a valid document; however, that form is not a Certificate of Live Birth and is not good enough to get a US passport or even a driver’s license in the State of Hawaii I am told. This is troublesome to me. As far as I can see, Mr. Obama has yet to meet the requirements of the United States Constitution.

I am told that there is no requirement for anyone to produce a valid birth certificate to anyone to prove eligibility. I think that is in error. The very statement in the Constitution IS the requirement to prove, with certainty, the eligibility for office. Mr. Obama has not done this. Even being chosen by the Electoral College does not relieve him of the requirement to prove his citizenship or grant legitimacy to his selection.

If Mr. Obama has no requirement to present proof to electors or to party heads then he is, I believe, still subject to the people under articles 9 and 10 of the Bill of rights which state:

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.



Senator XXXXX, I am one of the people and I have a right to know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that the person leading this country is constitutionally qualified to do so. So far, that proof has not been forthcoming. To even infer that the people of this country do not have the right to know with certainty the national status of ANY office holder is ludicrous and a slap in the face to those who wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. For a presidential candidate to refuse to provide conclusive proof and not be formally called on it is incredulous.

I think a serious mistake has been made and I think Congress does not have the intestinal fortitude to correct it. That shakes my faith in the present Congress. I am aware of the grave national and international ramifications of removing a sitting President, particularly this one, but I think this administration is built on a lie and that should not be so. The fact that Mr. Obama refuses to produce a valid birth certificate further taints his qualification in the eyes of the people. Is it so difficult to produce the required document? Since it apparently is I am left to wonder what it might reveal. I should not have to wonder. I think it is your job to make sure that I don’t have to.

In closing, Senator, I ask that you take whatever action is necessary to establish Mr. Obama’s true qualifications for office. If I am wrong in my reasoning, please show me where. I am not asking this because of any racial or political agenda or bias. I am asking it because it is just and it is the right of the people to know. I am neither a revolutionary nor a rabble rouser. I am just one of the people, one of your people, who believe this country rises or falls on its respect for the rule of law.

Sincerely,

William Fortner

No comments: