Saturday, October 9, 2010

Priorities

I have seen a lot of personal change in the last year. I guess I asked for it. I don't know whether my time is short and the Holy Spirit has a lot to do in that short time or whether there is simply just a lot to do. I used to brag that I was the least of the sheep and one day God showed me that I was what I said I was. That really hurt. I decided I didn't want to be the least of the sheep and asked for help. It sure wasn't long in coming and knocking off the many rough edges hurts every now and then. Ten years ago I might have resented it, but now I welcome it. I know my faults are legion and it mystifies me as to why those that concern me the most aren't resolved first. More often than not, some other thing is dealt with that doesn't bother me so much, but it must bother God. My salty language is a major annoyance and an embarrassment to me, but God apparently has other priorities. If He doesn't do something about that soon I may be forced to quit cussing on my own.
---William Fortner 2010---

No comments: