Saturday, August 2, 2008

Governing This Country

Office of the ChairmanMike Duncan, RNC Chairman
310 First Street, SE Washington, DC 20003
25 January 2008
Mr. Chairman,

I have received several RNC verbal and e-mail pleas for monetary support. If the government hadn't taken more than it needed and wasted it on pork, I might have some left over for you. Many Republicans were belly up to the table dishing it out just like the Democrats. The RNC has cried "WOLF" too often while RINOs were in the back room selling the sheep to the pack and the rest of the Republicans were feathering their nests.

The GOP and those leading the Republican Party think people are stupid, but they are not. The party thinks people will hold their noses and vote to keep Hillary out. I am not at all sure about that and wonder how many are going to sit on their wallets and sit out this election since there is no true conservative on the ballot any longer. With the overwhelming majority of Americans against illegal immigration do you think they are going to vote for candidates who can't make up their minds, let alone one that championed letting the little darlings become citizens by paying a fine? And now they suddenly have an epiphany and come to Jesus? What utter and transparent balderdash. Republicans have misread America, but America has not misread them.

Business as usual will make the Republican Party the perennial loser it was before Newt. Until serious and drastic changes are made in the way many Republican senators and representatives do business all my politics will be local. I will fund the ones at home who earn my vote. I will also give Senator Jim Inhofe a nice donation as well as Representative Jeff Flake. They have demonstrated they have MY best interests and the interests of America in mind, not those of the party that cares only about winning with quantity and not quality.

If Republicans were serious about winning this election, Jeff Flake would be put on the Appropriations Committee. You and I both know that won’t happen because Republican senators and representatives have gotten so sorry they rely on pork instead of performance to stay in office. Any politician who needs pork to remain in office cares far more about himself than his constituents and thinks little of their intellect. Perhaps the electorate has become so dumbed down in government schools they can be bought with a bridge or a building with some puffed up, pompous ass’ name on it. America is weakened by the Lords of Lard and their dishonest use of public funds to buy votes. Earmarks must go!

I am 64 years old and a veteran. I have known for decades that many Democrat politicians are crooked, lying, cheating, thieving, self serving, low down scoundrels. I have come to expect that of them and rarely have I been disappointed or surprised, certainly not lately. I did not expect the same from Republicans. I believed Republican politicians ascribed to a higher ethical and moral standard. Though many do, the last 10 years have been a real eye opener and I am ashamed of my party.

Until the GOP gets serious about the conservative ideals of small government, less taxes and NO pork, I suspect the RNC coffers will continue to dwindle. The only noticeable difference between McCain and Hillary is that McCain didn't steal everything not nailed down from the White House, therefore, I see no reason to support the RNC or the DNC. At least Hillary may bring the silver back. I believe the media has already elected her anyway. I am just waiting to see how they pull it off. I may be wrong, but the rhetoric sounds to me like McCain is running for VP on Hillary’s ticket.

Those who govern this country should be able to live up to the standards of the Boy Scouts of America. In case you have forgotten: A scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. If we expect this of our youth and our fighting men and women, why, pray tell, can't Republicans live up to this simple standard and set the example in public office? If that is too much to ask, then governing this country is not for you.

Unhappily yours,
William Fortner

No comments: